Filed under: Uncategorized
Bon jour de Bamako, Mali!
We are here in Bamako picking up our teammate, Andrea Herman, who is returning from her furlough to the US. It is great to have her back with us. Since you have heard from us last, Raymond & Hannah arrived here in Africa and we have been thoroughly enjoying their visit. They have enjoyed returning to Africa and everyone has loved getting to know them. They have been blessed by many and have been a blessing as well – they have been teaching an English class two days a week, have been helping us fit people with eyeglasses and with health care needs, have baked many delicious treats for people to try, enjoyed numerous bowls of rice & sauce, received Maninka names (Moussa – “Moses” & Aicha “Esther”) and have even been interviewed on the local radio station! They will be with us for another month before returning to the US for the school year at UW River Falls.
We have some prayer requests we want to share:
– A few days ago, their was an assassination attempt on the president of Guinea. The presidential guard fought off the attack and protected the president but this is not good news for the fragile, new democracy in our adopted homeland. Please pray for peace in Guinea and safety for all.
– God continues to bring people into our lives who have health needs – please pray that we can be a blessing to them.
– For courage as we continue our Maninka language learning.
– Our language helper, a secret believer, has been expressing increased desire to know more about the Bible and is even attending a Bible Study that Jack leads now. Please pray that his faith may grow.
– That the remainder of Moussa & Aicha’s visit would be a blessing to them and others.
– We have the opportunity to have a new internet provider in Siguiri which we make it possible to communicate much more easily from there. We have encoutnered a few snags in getting the service set up – please pray that all the details can be worked out and we can have it installed soon.
Trusting in Jesus,
Yacouba & Allama
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment